Friday, October 2, 2009

Mtv Africa Music Awards



THE ROAD TO M.A.M.A: GHANA

Wow I can't believe it's finally here, Mtv Africa Music Awards. The train is almost here all aboard.
Yes most def, I will be there 35Ghana cedis
@ Citizen Kofi
Picture by:http://www.enjoyaccra.com/enjoy%20by%20night/files/citizen_kofi_entertainment_building.jpg
picture by:http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2247256&id=95387005508

Chale but in these "Ecomoniscious times" like my boss always says i would have to tighten my belt. But I guess it's a small price to pay for an experience of a life time.

Question: Is there a way one could win free tickets to go see the M.A.M.A is Kenya? Seriously I need an answer.

Been dreaming about attending the M.A.M.A for a while now.

SO WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE M.A.M.A TRAIN

1. Sarkodie:
Government Name: Micheal Owusu
Songs: Baby, Alter , Boga , Yahu mu



2. Richie
Government Name: Richie Mensah
Songs: Frema, When I get to you girl, More of that



3. Wande Coal:
Government Name: Wande Ojosipe
Songs: Bumper 2 Bumper, You bad , Ololufe
Affiliates: D'Banj, Naeto C, Ikechukwu, Sid-Da Prince , Don Jazzy, K-switch


4. Others: Lovely women and drinks(Absinthe)

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE CROWD

I know i'll be jumping up and down like a kid with a new toy.For the rest of Ghana and I do not know, I hope it doesn't end up like the Ghana Music Awards (G.M.A's)

Can you believe the my Gh peeps @ the G.M.A's

D'banj
picture by:http://www.mytruspot.com/image.php?mode=band_image&band_id=2544


Naeto C
picture by: http://ladybrillemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/Naeto-C.jpg


Ikechukwu
picture by:http://b6.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01037/65/46/1037326456_l.jpg



and Wande Coal came to perform some hot tunes from their individual albums and the audience are all standing there like ooh ok what F*** is going on. The only time when the crowd looked lively was when D'banj sang "Fall in love" and Naeto C and Ikechukwu did "Wind am well and Kini Big Deal" The crowd showed no appreciation for Wande Coal.

I guess now everybody knows Wande Coal "The guy who sang bumper 2 bumper" so the crowd would get of their asses and dance or something, but wait so will he only perform that song for Ghanaians , what about all the other songs on he's made like Ten Ten, You Bad , Ololufe etc What will the crowd do... just stand there like mannequins, I know i'll be rocking hard cos i know these songs but what about the million people that will be @ Citizen K.

Please GH don't make this event flop.
Plus we need to show the rest of Africa and the World that we ROCK!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey i hope it didn't end up like the G.M.A's... I saw it early this year and i was not impressed at all..

Big ups @ B.O.N.T.I i like the way you write...

Abena Serwaa said...

Hey Bonti, did you end up going to the show? I heard Okomfo Kwadee's triumphant return was the show to go to this past Saturday. You are so right about Ghanaian audiences. They can be quite rude when it comes to something they are not entirely feeling. I remember being at the GMA awards some years ago and being privileged to see one of the the late great Brenda Fassie's last performance ever. My friend and I were among only a handful of people on our feet dancing while people yawned, looked bored and played with their phones. It was sad!

Myne said...

I heard the naija took the day. Yay!

B.O.N.T.I said...

@myne yep... naija is on a roll